Cisco Webex (formerly WebEx) is an advanced cloud-based video conferencing solution for conducting all kinds of live online events. eFront lets you provide users with state-of-the-art video conferencing options through a native Webex integration.
Here's how to set it up in a few steps:
1. Sign in to your Webex account and note down the following information:
- Hosted URL (your Webex URL, e.g., https://yourcompany.webex.com)
- Username (it's usually the CONFERENCE_ID)
- Password (your Webex password)
- Site ID
- Partner ID
- Account type
Note: You can sign up for a Cisco Webex account at www.webex.com.
2. Sign in to your eFront account as the main administrator, go to Locations, and click on Add Online Location (1).
3. From the Choose service drop-down list (2), choose WebEx
4. Give a Name* (mandatory) to the new location in the first text box.
5. In the respective fields (i.e., WebEx hosted URL, WebEx username, WebEx password, WebEx site ID, WebEx partner ID, WebEx account type), fill in the values you've noted down earlier (see step 1).
6. Choose the values of Telephony support and Intl. Local call-in according to your lines set-up.
Note: You can set a different specific time-zone, and even set this location to be owned by a specific branch ('Click to set branch ownership' and choose the branch).
7. With all data added and after making sure that all settings are correct, click on Add (3) to confirm.
A confirmation message will let you know that the integration is set and the respective location, to be used in blended learning courses, has been created.