Cisco Webex (formerly WebEx) is an advanced cloud-based video conferencing solution for conducting all kinds of live online events. eFront lets you provide users with state-of-the-art video conferencing options through a native Webex integration.
Here's how to set it up in a few steps:
1. Sign in to your Webex account and note down the following information:
- Hosted URL (your Webex URL, e.g., https://yourcompany.webex.com)
- Username (it's usually the CONFERENCE_ID)
- Password (your Webex password)
- Site ID
- Partner ID
- Account type
Note: You can sign up for a Cisco Webex account at www.webex.com.
2. Sign in to your eFront account as Administrator and go to Home > System settings.
3. On the left-hand panel, click Integrations and go to the Conferences (1) tab.
4. From the Choose service drop-down list, choose Webex (2).
5. In the respective fields (i.e., WebEx hosted URL, WebEx username, WebEx password, WebEx site ID, WebEx partner ID, WebEx account type), fill in the values you've noted down earlier (i.e., Step 1).
6. Choose the Telephony support and Intl. Local call-in values according to your lines set-up.
7. Click Submit (3).
If your settings are correct, you get a confirmation message, and your integration is activated.
From then on, when you add or edit a live training session in a blended learning course, you have the option to set the Location (4) of your event as Webex conference room (5).