Salesforce is a popular cloud-based customer relationship management (CRM) platform. eFront lets you integrate your account with Salesforce, through a native plugin. That way, you can sync your Salesforce Accounts and Contacts to eFront, converting them into Branches and Users respectively.
Here's how to connect eFront and Salesforce in a few steps:
Step 1: Activate the Salesforce plugin
1. Sign in to your eFront account as Administrator and go to Home > Plugins.
2. If you can't see the Salesforce plugin on the list, type salesforce in the search field. In the Status column, click the switch to turn ON your plugin.
3. Return to Home, and click the Salesforce icon.
4. Type your required Salesforce data in the respective fields:
- User* (1): Your username.
- Password* (2): Your password.
- Security token* (3): Your account token.
Note: Usually, to obtain a security token you're asked to reset the existing one and receive an email with the new token. To find out how to get your Salesforce security token, please consult this article.
5. Click Save.
You're taken to a page where you can manage the synchronized data (from the Accounts & Contacts (4) tab) and configure the synchronization (from the Configurations (5) tab).
Step 2: Sync your Salesforce data
On the Accounts & Contact tab, you can see which Salesforce data can be mapped to the corresponding eFront data.
As mentioned earlier, the plugin imports your Salesforce Accounts to eFront Branches and your Salesforce Contacts to eFront Users. Any Salesforce contacts that belong to an imported account, are imported into eFront as members of the respective branch (i.e., that's created from that account).
1. Choose your Salesforce data from the respective drop-down lists.
2. In the Auto Synchronization section, click the Status (2) field and change it to Enabled (3) if you want your plugin to sync your Salesforce data automatically. Leave it as Disabled if you want to sync them manually.
3. Click Save (4) to update your plugin. If you want to synchronize your Salesforce data manually, just click Save & syncronize now (1).
Note: For the plugin to sync your Salesforce data automatically, a CRON task is required to be running on the server that hosts your eFront installation. If your portal is hosted in our servers, the CRON task runs every three minutes.
Step 3: Review your synced Salesforce data
Once your data synchronization is complete, you can see an overview of your imported data
on the Home > Reports > Timeline page.
Below, you can see how the imported Accounts and Contacts are displayed on Salesforce:
And how they're displayed on eFront after they've been synced to Branches and Users respectively: