Zoom.us is a globally used software and cloud-based service for virtual conference rooms.
eFront features Zoom integration for all of the portal's virtual and live training sessions. You can use the Zoom video conferencing service to meet with others virtually and to record sessions within your eFront ILT courses and events.
Note 1: Session recordings are only available to Pro Zoom accounts.
Note 2: You will need to have a Zoom account to proceed with the rest of these steps. If you don't own an account already, you can sign up here.
Zoom.us will stop supporting legacy integration if you have already added locations with Zoom using the old integration (JWT). In this case, you will need to upgrade the location by following the steps in this guide.
If you don't own a Zoom account already, first you will need to sign up here.
Once you register, set up the integration by following the steps below:
1. Go to Zoom Marketplace and log in with your account (1).
2. Click Develop and select Build App (2).
3. Select Create (3) on the JWT app.
4. Fill in the necessary information, such as application name, company name, and email, and select create.
5. You will now see the App Credentials API Key (4) and API Secret (5). Copy them to have them ready shortly.
6. As the main administrator, in your Efront installation, go to the section Locations. Click on Add Online Location (6).
7. Give a Name* (mandatory) to the new location for the Zoom integration; choose Zoom.us (7) from the scroll-down option in Choose service; paste the API Key (4) and API Secret (5) (that you have kept in step 5) in the respective boxes Zoom.us API key (8) and Zoom.us API secret (9).
You can also set a different specific timezone for this conferencing integration (Timezone scroll-down options), and set this location to be owned by a specific branch ('Click to set branch ownership') if you wish.
If the entered data and the settings are correct, you will see a confirmation message (bottom right) after clicking on Add (10).
This means that your integration is activated and the respective location, to be used in blended learning courses, has been created.