With the eFront Auto Sync feature, you can synchronize your data via an SFTP connection. For more information on the Auto Sync feature, review this article on how to sync data between eFront and 3rd-party systems.
To sync your data via an SFTP connection, follow the below steps.
- From the main administrator Home Dashboard, go to Maintenance (1) > Auto Sync (2) > Settings (3).
- Add the Path (4) to the folder with the files you would like to import/export your data and check Use SFTP (5).
- Fill in the rest of the fields and leave the Password (6) empty.
- Copy the private key file in the server’s directory. The key file should have no passphrase and needs to have read permissions.
- Save the full path of the key file in configuration entry auto_sync_sftp_key_path.
- Click Check Settings (7) to test that the connection works.
- Select Save (8) when done.
|Note: When eFront tries to connect to the SFTP server, it first tries to log in with the saved username and password. If that fails, it will then try to log in with the username and private key file. If that also fails, it will show an SFTP login failed error message.|