eFront requires an environment running:
- PHP version 7.4.
- MySQL Server 5.7+ or MariaDB 10.2+.
- Web server (Apache 2+ recommended for Linux systems, IIS for Windows Server)
- eFront may be installed either on a Windows or Linux environment.
- Recommended caching backend is Memcached.
- Apache's mod_rewrite should be available and enabled.
- Apache's mod_expires should be available and enabled.
- .htaccess overrides should be enabled for the virtual host. Alternatively, copy the rewrite rules. You can find these under www/.htaccess in your server's config file. This should also be the case if you are using a web server other than Apache (consult your web server's documentation on how to implement these rewrite rules. For IIS, see this article).
- Α modern web browser with HTML5 capabilities, such as Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge. Internet Explorer 11 is also supported (until August 2021), but not recommended.