eFront offers a mobile app for Android and iOS users. The app is free to download through the Play store and the App store. The app is designed for learners only and it supports the following types of content:
- Simple text
- HTML text
- Vimeo/YouTube (not available for offline use)
- Units containing iframes with an external source (not available for offline use)
- MS Office files (for Android users it is partially supported by Google docs viewer and only for online use)
- Scorm (html5 based only)
- Slideshare (not available for offline use)
- Tincan content
- Tests with a non-supported type of questions
- ILT units
- Units containing an object or embedded elements
- Units containing an iframe with an external source
- H5P content
The mobile app supports tests which include only the following question types:
- "Drag and Drop"
- "Empty Spaces" (only with the option "Display alternatives in select box" selected)
- "Multiple choices with a Single answer"
- "Multiple choices with Many answers"
- "Free-text with keywords"
- Randomized tests
- With enabled option "require a password to start the test"
Note: Survey units use questions in the same way as the Test units do, so, as it happens with Tests, Surveys as well are supported when using supported question types only.
Some of the content types can also be available when the users are Offline, meaning that they don't have access to the Internet. When they are back online, any progress made while being offline will be synched.
For Android users, in order to see the offline content, the user should:
- Press the sync button on a course, and download the content.
- Download a single unit, just by clicking on it.
Note 2: Non-compatible units (units that can not be viewed offline or the app does not support yet) will properly show on the unit list but the learner will not be able to open them. eFront will display the following message: "The unit is not available".