eFront lets you integrate your portal with TalentCards, our bite-sized training solution, through a native plugin.
By syncing your eFront and TalentCards accounts:
- All your TalentCards sets and sequences are mapped to eFront courses.
- All your eFront users are mapped to TalentCards users.
- All users associated with a TalentCards set or sequence are mapped to eFront users and associated with the course that has derived from that set or sequence.
- All TalentCards users' progress on sets and sequences is transferred to the respective eFront courses.
- All your eFront branches are mapped to TalentCards groups.
To set up your integration, follow these steps:
A. Activate the TalentCards plugin
1. Sign in to your eFront account as the main Administrator and go to Home > Plugins.
2. Locate TalentCards (1) and click the plugin symbol in the Operations column to install it. To save time, just type TalentCards in the search field (2).
3. Click the switch (3) in the Status column to activate the plugin.
Once activated, a shortcut to the TalentCards plugin (4) is added to your admin dashboard (Home).
B. Set up the TalentCards plugin
1. Sign in to your TalentCards account as Administrator and go to Users (1).
2. Locate the account Owner and click the respective edit symbol (2).
3. Go to the Advanced (3) tab and double-click your API key (4) to copy it to your clipboard.
4. Return to eFront and click TalentCards.
5. Paste your TalentCards API key into the Configuration (5) field.
6. Click Save (6) to finish the setup.
Your TalentCards plugin dashboard displays all the data imported from your TalentCards portal, organized in three tabs: Sets, Users, and Groups (7).
Note: For further information on integrating TalentCards with other systems, see this article.
C. Synchronize your accounts
To begin syncing eFront and TalentCards, just click the refresh symbol (1) on your TalentCards plugin dashboard.
Your data is now synchronized and properly displayed on your Sets, Users, and Groups tabs.
Go to Home > Courses to see how the courses imported from TalentCards are displayed on eFront.
Note: You cannot edit a TalentCards course on eFront. You have to edit it on TalentCards and sync your changes back to eFront.
Finally, go to Home > Reports > Courses to see how the completion stats for the courses imported from TalentCards are displayed.