All data that is already created and present in your TalentLMS portal can now be quickly imported into eFront, thanks to the TalentLMS Data Import plugin.
To transfer data from TalentLMS to eFront:
1. Plugin activation
First, you have to enable the TalentLMS Data Import plugin.
The plugin is preinstalled. To activate it:
- Sign in to your eFront portal as Administrator and click on the plugin icon.
- Click the Toggle related to the TalentLMS Data Import plugin until it becomes green (1).
- If you can't find it, use the search box on the bottom left of the screen and type TalentLMS.
2. Export from TalentLMS
- Log in to your TalentLMS account as an Administrator.
- Go to Import-Export (2).
- Go to the Export tab (3).
- From the drop-down list, choose CSV (4).
- Click Export (5). You will now be presented with all your TalentLMS data in CSV format.
- Select and copy all the data to the Export Result text box (6).
3. Import to eFront
Back on your eFront portal, logged in an Administrator, you’ll see a new icon in the Home page.
- Click on it and you’ll be presented with a CSV text box (7).
- Paste there the data you copied from TalentLMS.
- Select whether you want to Merge or Replace duplicates (they are ignored by default). You can find out more about these options here.
- Click Save (8) to confirm the import.
- Wait for the data import to complete. You should be seeing the following screen:
Once the process is complete, you will notice that your eFront platform has been populated with your TalentLMS data, e.g., see the newly imported users below:
Note: Not all data entities can be migrated from TalentLMS to eFront. Here is a list of all the data entities that can be migrated from TalentLMS to eFront:
- Users in Courses
- Users in Groups
- Courses in Groups
- Users in Branches
- Courses in Branches
- Custom User Fields
- Custom Course Fields