All data that is already created and live in your TalentLMS account can now be quickly imported into eFront, thanks to the TalentLMS Data Import plugin.
To transfer data from TalentLMS to eFront:
1. Plugin activation
First, you have to enable the TalentLMS Data Import plugin.
The plugin is preinstalled. To activate it:
- Sign in to your eFront portal as an Administrator and click the plugin icon.
- Click the Toggle related to the TalentLMS Data Import plugin, and it will switch to green (1).
- If you can't find it, use the search box at the bottom left of your screen and type TalentLMS.
2. Export from TalentLMS
- Log in to your TalentLMS account as an Administrator
- Go to Import-Export (2)
- Go to the Export tab (3)
- From the drop-down list, choose CSV (4)
- Click Export (5). You will now see all your TalentLMS data in CSV format.
- Select and copy all the data to the Export Result text box (6)
3. Import to eFront
Back on your eFront portal. Logged in as an Administrator, you’ll see a new icon on the Home page.
- Click it, and a CSV text box (7) will appear
- Paste the data you copied from TalentLMS
- Select whether you want to Merge or Replace duplicates (they are ignored by default). You can find out more about these here
- Click Save (8)
- Wait for the data import to complete. You should be seeing the following screen:
Once the process is complete, you will notice that your eFront platform has been populated with your TalentLMS data, e.g., see the newly imported users below:
Here is a list of all the data entities that can be migrated from TalentLMS to eFront with the TalentLMS Data Import plugin:
- Users in Courses
- Users in Groups
- Courses in Groups
- Users in Branches
- Courses in Branches
- Custom User Fields
- Custom Course Fields
Note: To issue certificates in eFront, including for courses imported with the TalentLMS Data Import plugin, you will first need to create and assign a certificate template to the courses that offer a certificate. After the templates are ready, to have all certificates issued for each course in eFront, you can activate the pre-installed plugin ‘IssueCertificatesForCompleted’. This plugin will give you the ability to issue at once all certificates for specific courses, even for all imported courses that have been completed.
4. Other types of content migration
Since not all data entities can be migrated from TalentLMS to eFront with the TalentLMS Data Import plugin, you might need to import or recreate some content. Below you can see how to proceed with the most common content types:
- Files stored in TalentLMS courses can be exported and be imported in eFront as new course units. To download them from TalentLMS, click on the download icon (1) in each course's “Files” section. More specifically, VIDEO/AUDIO units can be downloaded by any Admin or Instructor who has access to the course’s folder of files, while SCORM packages are accessible only from Super Admins.
If you still have the original VIDEO/AUDIO files/SCORM packages used to create units, you can proceed in the same way as with downloaded content and upload them on eFront. With the EncodeMagic integration active, all files will be automatically converted.