GoToMeeting, GoToWebinar, and GoToTraining are web-hosted video conferencing solutions for running online events. Among other services, they offer desktop and application sharing, video chat, and conference recording.
This post is a step-by-step instruction guide on how to integrate your GoToMeeting/GoToWebinar/GoToTraining account with eFront. (If you don't have a GoToMeeting, GoToWebinar or GoToTraining account, you can create one at http://gotomeeting.com, http://gotowebinar.com, or http://gototraining.com.)
Step 1: Create a Virtual Location
- As the main Administrator in your eFront portal, visit the section Locations, and click Add online location (1).
- Give a Name (2) (mandatory) to the location. Do not add any other information yet, and click Add (3).
Step 2: Create the client on the Goto website
- Go to https://goto-developer.logmeininc.com and sign in with your GoToMeeting/GoToWebinar/GoToTraining credentials.
- From the Developer Center homepage, go to the OAuth Clients (1) tab and click Create a client (2).
- On the next page, enter your client’s required parameters:
Client name (3): Provide an identifier for your client. The client name is what users see when they are asked to allow access to API calls on their end.
Description (4): Add a description that helps distinguish your client from others.Redirect URL (5): is the landing page where users end up after logging in. Here you need to enter your eFront URL appended by the following URL (depending on whether you’re using GoToMeeting, GoToTraining, or GoToWebinar):
Note: Where <id>, please insert the location ID created in Step 1.
- Click Next to proceed. You will then need to select the Client’s Scope. You will need to select all of the following: Modify user details (6), GoToMeeting, GoToWebinar, or GoToTraining (7) and Admin Center (8).
- After selecting Scopes, click Save to proceed.
- You will then have access to the Client ID (9) and the Client Secret (10).
Save the Client ID and Client secret for the next step. Check the option I have stored the client secret (11) and click Done (12).
Step 3: Adding the Goto client to eFront
- As the main Administrator in your eFront portal, go back to the Locations section, and select the location created in Step 1.
- Select one of the GoTo available services, based on the service you want to use, and select the Redirect URL added in Step 2.
- Add the Client ID in the Consumer Key (1) field and the Client secret in the Consumer Secret (2) field.
- After entering all data and making sure that all settings are correct, click Update (3) to confirm.
|Note: After submitting these codes for the first time, you are redirected to the GoTo page. There, you are asked to log in and provide access to the client you have created. When you're done, you are redirected back to the "Locations" page on your eFront portal.|