eFront lets you connect your portal with Zendesk to offer customer support through your Zendesk help desk. All you have to do is add the Zendesk widget to your active theme.
Step 1: Disable the eFront help widget
Before connecting your Zendesk help desk to your portal, first, you have to disable the native eFront help widget:
1. Sign in to your eFront account as Administrator and go to Home > System settings.
2. On the left-hand panel, click Appearance.
3. Uncheck Enable help (1) (if checked).
4. Click Save to update your settings.
Step 2: Get your Zendesk widget
1. Sign in to your Zendesk account.
2. On the left-hand navigation bar, click the gear symbol (1).
3. On the Admin home panel, in the Channels section, click Widget (2).
4. Go to the Setup (3) tab.
5. Right below the code area, click Copy to clipboard (4) to get the widget code.
Note: For more on using the Zendesk widget, see the following articles:
- Adding the Web Widget to your website or Help Center
- Using Web Widget to embed customer service in your website
- Advanced customization of your Web Widget
Step 3: Add the Zendesk widget to eFront
1. Return to your eFront account and go to Home > Themes.
2. Go to the Change theme tab and click your active theme.
3. Go to the Embed code section and paste the widget code in the Embed code (1) code area.
4. Click Update to save your changes.
Note: Any widget you add to a theme works only on that specific theme. To use it on a branch that has a different theme, you have to add it manually to the branch theme as branch admin.