To set how a grade is awarded after a learner has completed a curriculum, on the curriculum's dashboard, click Rules (1).
In "Scoring Rules," expand the drop-down menu (2) in the "Set the curriculum score equal to" field, and pick one of the three available options:
- The average score of all completed courses: the average score of all completed courses determines the final grade
- The average score of all mandatory courses: the scores of all mandatory courses determine the final grade
- The average score of specific courses: the scores of specific courses determine the final grade (in the new Courses (3) field, that will appear, you can set the courses that will determine the final score).
To decide if a curriculum’s final grade will be updated after a user re-completes a course associated with the curriculum, click Completed curriculum change score.
The available options (4) are:
- Better Score Only
If you choose “Never,” and you don’t want new course completions to affect the curriculum’s final score, click “Save.”
If you choose the system to update the score in all cases after a user’s new course completion (Always), or when the user’s new grade is higher than the previous one (Better score only), you will see two extra options:
- Update completion date (5): Select this to have the user's completion date updated as well
- Update certificate properties (6): Select this also to update the score in the certificate, if this curriculum offers any, and use the new certificate template in case it has been changed in the meantime
Click Save to confirm your choice.
If you want to recalculate the score retroactively for all curriculum users after changing the curriculum scoring rules, click the red Recalculate Score (7) button at the right.