Curriculums are a way of grouping your courses for better organization, to perform mass actions on all of them and to sell them online as a single entity. Groups are for Users, Curriculums are for Courses.
The Curriculums section allows you to see all existing curricula in a tabular listing that also shows the number of students enrolled in each one and buttons to edit or delete a specific curriculum.
The section also features a search box for quickly finding the curriculum you want to view or edit. The curriculum list can be downloaded as an Excel-compatible CSV file.
Adding a Curriculum
To add a new curriculum, click on the 'Add Curriculum' (1) button in the Curriculum section. This will open the page to add a new curriculum.
On the form that appears you need to fill in the name of the curriculum and select the category (e.g. History, Math, etc) that your curriculum belongs to. You can also add an optional Short Description.
There are several advanced options that you can set when you click on the “advanced settings” link. Those are:
- Active: Check this option if you want your curriculum to be active and available to your users or not
- Automatically assign to new users: Check this option if you require the addition of new users into the system (or into the branch that the curriculum is assigned to) to be enrolled in the curriculum automatically
- Show on catalog: Check this option if you prefer the curriculum to appear in the course catalog and to enable the self-enroll option
- Show in the main catalog: Check this option if you prefer the curriculum to appear in the main course catalog
- Base price: The price of this curriculum
- Certification: Select the certification that this curriculum awards
When you are finished completing the form, click 'Add' to create the new curriculum.
Editing a Curriculum
When editing a curriculum you can edit all the settings we have described above. You may also choose the courses that are going to be part of this curriculum, along with the option for each to set it as mandatory or not for the curriculum.
Moreover, you can manually manage the use of this curriculum by adding or removing users from the user's list:
Finally, you can assign this curriculum to some branch or not:
NOTE: In the learner list-view, you can now recognize which courses were given to learners by assigning that curriculum, and other courses that were already available to learners before the course assignments: in case the user was enrolled to one or more courses with the curriculum, there is a bullet point (1) just before the course title; if there isn’t any bullet (2), instead, the learner was already enrolled to that course prior to the curriculum assignment.