To add a new course, click “Add Course” (1) in the Courses section.
Another way to add a new course is to import an already exported one. Click the downward arrow next to the “Add course” button (2).
For more information about importing/exporting courses, check out this article.
Note: When you import a blended learning course, the imported file will not include training sessions.
Once you’ve clicked to add a new course, you will be asked to fill out some essential information.
The required fields are the Name (3) and the Category (4) of the course. The non-mandatory fields include course type (5) and a brief course description (6).
Click “Submit” to submit your course. In addition to these, there are several advanced options that you can see and configure by clicking on 'Show Advanced Settings' (7).
Advanced settings include:
- Course code: a short alphanumeric code for easy reference (e.g., 'CS101')
- Language: to let the users know what language the course is in
- Some extra options: the course status (active or inactive), its visibility on the catalogs, and assignment options
- Base price: for paid courses
- Available for: to set for how many days an enrolled user has access to the course
- Available from/until: to set from when and/or until this course is available to enrolled users
- CEUs: to set how many continuing education units the course corresponds to
- Depends on: a rule to set if this course depends on other courses in the system
- Certification: awarded to users after completing the course
Note: You can also add custom fields when adding a Course, which you can create in the Extend Profile section.
Note: Course expiration is visible in your learners' calendars.
When done, click Add.