Braintree is a company that specializes in mobile and web payment systems for e-commerce companies. Braintree provides clients with a merchant account and a payment gateway. In this guide, you will learn how to integrate Braintree payments into eFront.
|Note: You will need to have PHP version 7.2.0 or higher and the PHP cURL extension.
Before you proceed with the integration you will need to have the following Braintree Gateway credentials:
- Public key
- Private key
- Merchant ID
How to extract your Braintree API Public and Private keys
- Log into either the production Control Panel or the sandbox Control Panel, depending on the environment you are working in.
- Click on the gear icon at the top right corner of your screen, and then pick API (1) from the drop-down menu.
- Find and copy your Public key (2).
- Click View (3) to see and copy your Private Key column.
How to extract your Braintree Merchant ID
- Log into either the production Control Panel or the sandbox Control Panel, depending on which environment you are working in.
- Click on the gear icon at the top right corner of your screen, and then pick Business (1) from the drop-down menu.
- You'll find your merchant ID (2) at the top of this page.
Setup in eFront
Go to System Settings (1) → e-Commerce (2) → Gateway (3) select Braintree (4) as Payment gateway, and fill in the fields with the earlier extracted information.
Lastly, you will need to connect your Paypal account with the Braintree account as described here.
|Note: Make sure that Efront, Braintree, and Paypal are set up to accept payments in the same currency. To accept payments in multiple currencies in Paypal make sure you read the instructions in Foreign Currencies section. To change the currency in Efront go to: System Settings → e-Commerce → Currency.