Stripe Tax is a paid product that automatically calculates the tax on your transactions without the need for you to define the rates and rules.
|Note: : You will need to already have a Stripe account and have completed the integration steps described here.|
To enable Stripe Tax follow the steps below.
- Log in to Stripe then click on More (1) and then on Tax (2).
- In the pop-up that will appear click on Get Started (3) to continue.
- You will then need to set up your Business Information. Select Add origin address (4).
- Fill in your company’s physical address and click Save (5) when done.
- Select the Default product tax code (6) and the Default shipping tax code (7). For this example we set the shipping tax code to Nontaxable and the default product code to Electronically Supplied Services.
- Click Add Registration (8). A new pop-up will show up in which you have to add your registration details.
- Select the registration country (9) and which registration is applicable for you (10), and then click Next (11).
- Next, you need to specify when Stripe will Start collecting taxes (12). In this example, we chose Immediately. Click Add registration (13).
- Now your integration is able to collect tax data. Enable it in eFront by going to System Settings (14) → eCommerce (15) → Gateway (16), check the Enable Stripe’s Taxation Features (17) and click on Save (18).
|Note: : The VAT is calculated and added automatically by Stripe Tax and reflected in the final price.|