When a business operates within certain markets or competes for public sector tenders, compliance with industry standards, laws, and regulations is often necessary. eFront is a great tool for implementing compliance training for your employees (or even the general public).
The main difference between compliance and other courses is that their content is detailed and outlined exhaustively in the relevant standards and laws, and they result in a very specific “skill” or “knowledge set”. You can model this kind of learning in eFront using certifications.
Since certificates are awarded upon the completion of a course or a course curriculum on eFront, a user being awarded one for their participation in a compliance course or curriculum means they have completed their compliance training successfully.
Since compliance certificate holders are often obliged by the law or company policy to periodically refresh their compliance training, eFront supports time-limited certificates:
The user sets an (optional) duration for the certificate (e.g., 6 months), and eFront automatically expires the certificate after that interval passes. You can even indicate that you want to reassign the course that the certificate was assigned from, upon its expiration, or N days prior to expiration, and have eFront re-enroll the students automatically. When this happens, the course’s progress for those users is reset, and they have to complete it again to get recertified. In this article, you will find out how to achieve this with eFront.
To enable Certification in a course:
- Sign in to your portal as an Administrator and select Courses (1).
- Find and select the course you want to add a certification to (2), go to the Properties tab (3), and then click Show advanced settings (4).
- Scroll down, find, and select one of the available certificates you have already created in your portal (5).
- You can then choose if you want the certificate to be valid for a certain duration (6) or on to expire on a specific date (7).
- (Optional) Select Reassign (8) if you want this course to be reassigned to learners on the certificate’s expiration date, or at a specific time before the expiration date (9).
- Specify the Recertification behaviour (10) by selecting Renew existing: extend the current certificate with the new expiration date, or Issue new: awards a new certificate.
|Note: Certificates in eFront are created with user-defined templates that are customizable with your own titles, body text, and other details. To learn more about creating and editing certificates, check the How to customize Certifications article.|
From the Certificates section, eFront admins can view and edit any defined certificate templates, and view the details for each template.
To access the Certificates section:
- Sign in to your portal as an Administrator and select Certificates (1).
- In the certificate templates list you can add a new (2), preview (3), edit (4), or delete (5) a certificate template.
In the same section, the Users (6) tab displays a list of all certificates awarded to your users, the courses they were awarded for, and their expiration status.
eFront admins can filter the user list and view (7), edit (8), and revoke (9) any certification.