eFront Automations allow you to automate course, curriculum, and certificate management. Automations are a series of specific actions which are triggered by certain events based on your specified parameters.
If you want to learn how to troubleshoot already created Automations, you can find out more in our guide here.
|Note: The Automations feature is available by default in hosted portals. However, on-premise installations require further configuration. You can learn more about it here.|
- Log in to your portal as an administrator and select the Automation (1) button and then clic Add Automation (2).
- Select one of the available Events (3) described below.
- On course completion: This event is triggered when a Learner completes a course.
- On course enrollment to a course: This event is triggered when an Administrator or Instructor enroll a Learner to a course.
- On curriculum completion: This event is triggered when a Learner completes a curriculum.
- On user approval to the platform: This event is triggered when the Administrator approves a user’s registration to the platform.
- On user sign up to the platform: This event is triggered when a user signs up to the platform.
- Select one of the available Actions (4) to be executed after the event is triggered, described below. The Time trigger action is available in the On user certificate expiration event.
- Assign course(s): Assign course(s) to the learner who triggered the event.
- Assign curriculum(s): Assign curriculum(a) to the learner who triggered the event.
- Time Trigger (optional): The action will be executed after a specific number of hours, or, before X hours of the triggered event. (This field’s options are used only for specific events).
- In the new form that will appear, specify the event that you want to trigger this automation (5) and the action that will happen after triggering it (6).
- Add the time that you want for the action to be executed after the event is triggered (7) (optional).
- Specify the name for this automation (8).
- Create the selected automation by clicking Add (9).
|Note: Have in mind that all created automations are executed in a background queue so it may take a couple of seconds for the task to complete, depending on the volume of the created automations.|