To set how a course is graded upon completion, go to the course’s dashboard tab and select "Course rules" (1).
From the drop-down menu, click Set the course score equal to (2) and select one of the options available:
- The average score of all completed units: the course's final grade is the average score of all completed units, including tests and content units. (For more on how to set learning paths based on your units’ flow, read this article).
- The average score of all completed tests: the course's final grade is the average score of all completed tests.
- The average score of all completed assignments: the course's final grade is the average score of all completed assignments.
- The average score of all units that can receive a score: the course’s final grade will be the average score of all tests, assignments, and SCORM related content in the course.
- The average score of specific units: the course’s score will be the average of specifically selected units in the course.
Change and Recalculate Scores after new completions
In the Completed course change score field, choose if you want to update the completion score after a user completes the same course again.
The available options are:
- Better Score Only
If you decide to have the score updated in all cases after a new completion (Always), or only if there is an improved grade (Better score only), you will come across two extra options:
- Update completion date (3): replaces your user's completion date as well.
- Update certificate properties (4): also updates the score on the user’s certificate (if offered by the course) and uses a new certificate template in case it has been changed in the meantime.
Click Save to confirm your choice.
If you want to recalculate the score retroactively for all course users based on your new course scoring rules, click the red Recalculate Score (5) button to the right.