eFront allows you to create units and add content to your courses in different ways:
If you want to add a piece of text and/or message to learners, you can use the first, default Editor (1) option you see when clicking to add a new unit:
Here you can type and edit the text in the text editor and also click the </> symbol (2) to use the Code view and edit HTML content:
Note: You can change the default text-editor in System Settings > Integrations > Editors (tab)
To see how to add icons and images to your text, read this article.
H5P libraries can be added to and used within eFront’s H5P editor, as shown in this article.
H5P content can then be created within eFront’s portal interface, as shown in this article.
H5P units created elsewhere can be uploaded as a unit and then edited within the H5P editor. Finally, all H5P units created or uploaded can be exported from eFront courses. See in this article how to import and export H5P units.
Read this article to see how to use URLs to build a unit, as well as all the options available for this operation.
You can create a unit by uploading a file. Select “File” from the drop-down menu and then click Upload new (3).
You can as well drag and drop the files you want to add as units into the course dashboard section. If you drag and drop files, you can always change the unit names and completion methods by editing each unit afterwards.
Different file formats will result in different unit-types created:
- Text files: they are shown on pages
- Video/Audio units: those have their own completion methods and options
- ZIP packages: when recognized as SCORM/xAPI and AICC, they will have their specific settings
- PDF files: This offers two specific options. You can either “hide the download button” or “hide the print button” from learners, shown by default at the top of the unit frame
Presentations: PowerPoint (.ppt) files can be converted to either videos or PDFs when the EncodeMagic conversion tool is enabled
|Note: The EncodeMagic conversion tool, when active, will automatically start the file conversions of all uploaded content. With EncodeMagic, you can also add watermarks to the uploaded videos, as shown in this article.|
When clicking to add content from a specific course, you can also select to add eFront specific unit-types as offered by the drop-down list:
- Units (see the above sections of the current article)
- Cloned units (to add a unit cloned from a different lesson). There are two different cloning processes as the cloned unit can be independent from the source content or linked to the original unit